Salt Of Earth Light Of World

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:12-17

Pursuit Of Righteousness

"I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold, I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good."

How ironic that I would find this lyrical verse from a secular song because exactly what the verse says, everything that shines isn't always going to be gold. I have been seeking the secular in the pursuit of happiness, which to your spiritual wellness has no benefit. Happiness actually comes as a result of happenstance, something "happened" that made you 'feel' happy. I want to be more than "happy" I want Joy! Joy only comes from the Lord. Nehemiah 8:10 says, "...Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.” I can have Joy even through the valleys, deserts, trials, and hardships in my life. "You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.” -Hebrews 1:9 I want that oil of joy, and praise God he lets us know exactly how we obtain it. In loving righteousness and opposing all the wickedness that the secular world offers I can have it.

Im on the pursuit of righteousness and I know that its the Lord righteousness that will always shine brighter than gold, I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good.

No comments: