Salt Of Earth Light Of World

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:12-17

I-70 Sermon Guest Blogger

How do you love your brothers and sisters?

Do you love them like your dog or your favorite pet? Do you love them like your car or favorite possession?
Not all love is good. For even the devil loves. He loves sin, he loves to see you stumble in your walk with Jesus and he loves to see you fall from grace and so on. Do you love with worldly love? Jesus said, " This is my commandment. That you love one another as I have loved you." (John 15:12) Not love one another as I have loved my donkey or loved my clothes, but as I (Jesus) have loved you! Many times we say I love you but how or in what manner? Is it conditional like, I love you and can help you as far as the world allows me to? If so, this is not the love of Jesus. Gods love is unconditional, never ending and very personal. If you cannot love this way then maybe you have not received the love of Jesus. Because Jesus loves you does not mean that you have received his love and because you have not received his love you can only give worldly love. You cannot give what you don't have. " And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing." (1 Corinthians 13:3) "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him." (1 John 2:15) Brothers and sisters we all fall short of the kingdom. But never allow anything to hinder your pursuit of Gods love. Wise men still seek him! The more of Gods love you receive the greater you will be able to love your brothers and sisters with the love of the Father, the love of the Savior, the love of our King. If you love any other way then I say to you repent and I will pray that you receive Gods love. If you already give and receive Gods love then I say to you Amen and for you I say hallelujah. You are blessed and a blessing to others.

Until next time,
The love of Jesus be with you.

Anthony Pineda

No comments: